Sports FAQ
Home / Europe Football

Football Manager 2004 - Inter season 04/05

Zek2010-05-05 08:48:16 +0000 #1
Believe it or not but a friend of mine gave me a copy of the Football Manager 2004 game, which is the continuation of Championship Manager. it works slow on my laptop by nevertheless tried it first time past weekend of course selecting Inter and signing up under my real name, age, citizenship...

just 6 mln euros were given for transfer, fans were unhappy at my appointment... that's quite a game and as in real 04-05 season I ended up quite far from Milan and Juventus and was a best team of the second part of the season. luckily they did not sack me! and yes my game considerably improved after signing up Cesar from Deportive and Marek Yankulovski as LB. They saved my ass.

Adriano is just great in this game he scored a bunch of goals and won best player on planet award! (see screenshot).

just curious if anyone plays this game and what you think of it? to me it's great but too detailed, you don't relax playing it you just get even more tired...
devious2010-05-05 08:59:01 +0000 #2
you still keeping Vieri in the game! loser!
GiorgioII2010-05-05 09:19:25 +0000 #3
Yea I have this game. I got a new PC so have only just re-installed it, but it is great. I am not doing as well as usual though and Cordoba, Materazzi, Kily and Recoba are all unhappy and have lost faith in their manager's ability

. My squad is pretty awesome though, I can easily turn things around . For some reason though I keep on losing away from home....in fact I am yet to win away from home

.

Squad

Carini

Toldo

JZ

Ze Maria

Favalli

Dede

Chivu

Burdisso

Cordoba

Materazzi

Kily

Solari

Cambiasso

CZ

Veron

Pizarro

Stankovic

Recoba

Karagounis

Gilardino

Martins

Adriano

Cruz

I like to make it realistic by signing players that we are linked to . I couldn't get Samuel though.
Ryan272010-05-05 10:09:31 +0000 #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zek

just curious if anyone plays this game and what you think of it? to me it's great but too detailed, you don't relax playing it you just get even more tired...

Yes, I definitely play it. You find the game stressful? Well, if you play it enough, (and trust me, I've played the game way tooooooo much) you sort of go on autopilot and can do things without thinking about them too much. All the decisions become routine. You can be watching television or talking on the phone or even studying or whatever and play at the same time without too much difficulty. The game is wonderful for procastination.

Personally, I think they make the game too easy and I don't play much anymore. Do you guys start off at Inter? I find its a lot more rewarding to begin in Serie C2 and work my way up and earn the job at Inter...you guys should try that.
TheU2010-05-05 09:24:40 +0000 #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by GiorgioII

Yea I have this game. I got a new PC so have only just re-installed it, but it is great. I am not doing as well as usual though and Cordoba, Materazzi, Kily and Recoba are all unhappy and have lost faith in their manager's ability

. My squad is pretty awesome though, I can easily turn things around . For some reason though I keep on losing away from home....in fact I am yet to win away from home

.

Squad

Carini

Toldo

JZ

Ze Maria

Favalli

Dede

Chivu

Burdisso

Cordoba

Materazzi

Kily

Solari

Cambiasso

CZ

Veron

Pizarro

Stankovic

Recoba

Karagounis

Gilardino

Martins

Adriano

Cruz

I like to make it realistic by signing players that we are linked to . I couldn't get Samuel though.

Having fun with that editor?
Zek2010-05-05 10:24:52 +0000 #6
yep, my squad was all unhappy about 15 players lost confidence and then somehow my board game me 30mln euros and I sold Stankovic for 40mln euros to Chealsea. this allowed huge reorganization my first team is

Toldo

Javier Z

Cesar

Bonera

Ashley Cole

Jankulovski

Veron

Van Bommel

Kily

Luque

Adriano

backups: Recoba, Davids, Burdisso, Cordoba, Emre, Vieri, Martins, VDM

Luque is pretty good! I am amazed with his scoring! Now I am leading Seria A but still under pressure manager...

Nope Ryan I did not try C1... I mean you need spend 4-5 seasons there hoping that a team like Inter will resign their manager...
Mirko Mandic2010-05-05 10:47:04 +0000 #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheU

Having fun with that editor?

lol EDITOR lol......

ummm i have FM2005 is there a 2004 one ???
Mirko Mandic2010-05-05 10:15:48 +0000 #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zek

Believe it or not but a friend of mine gave me a copy of the Football Manager 2004 game, which is the continuation of Championship Manager. it works slow on my laptop by nevertheless tried it first time past weekend of course selecting Inter and signing up under my real name, age, citizenship...

just 6 mln euros were given for transfer, fans were unhappy at my appointment... that's quite a game and as in real 04-05 season I ended up quite far from Milan and Juventus and was a best team of the second part of the season. luckily they did not sack me! and yes my game considerably improved after signing up Cesar from Deportive and Marek Yankulovski as LB. They saved my ass.

Adriano is just great in this game he scored a bunch of goals and won best player on planet award! (see screenshot).

just curious if anyone plays this game and what you think of it? to me it's great but too detailed, you don't relax playing it you just get even more tired...

well i love the Game i wanted a challange so i started at Wigan in Eng. championship i won promotion via play-off (i came 6th in last play-off spot !) now im 4th in premiership.

i have some big signings - Cavenaghi(14m pounds), bojinov(13m), O'Shea (5m) Mascherano(6m) and Downing (11M) (the high money is because Wigan is Rich but dont let you spend untill you get to premiership)

Reply

Name:
Content:


Other posts in this category