Sports FAQ
Home / Mixed Martial Arts

Pretend Your Joe Silva , Set Up The Next Series Of Fights

ÉtienneDavignon2010-12-12 00:49:12 +0000 #1
Bantam Weight

Cruz/Jorgensen - Faber

Torres/whoever he fights next Ultimate Fighter job (against BW Champ)

Benavidez/Pickett - Bowles/D Johnson

Fabiano/Mizugaki - Page/Valencia

Wineland/McDonold - Campuzano/Barao

Feather Weight

Aldo/Grispi - Koch/Mendes

Gamburyan/Visher - Korean Zombie/Garcia II

Swanson/Brown - Davis/Semerzier

Light Weight

Edgar/Maynard - Pettis/Henderson

Gomi/Guida - Siver/George S.

Sherk - loser of Maynard/Edgar

KenFlo/Dunham winner - Olivera/Miller

KenFlo/Dunham Loser - Donold Cerrone/Horodecki

Melvin Guillard/Yves Edwards - Cole Miller/Matt Wiman

Jeremey Stephens/Marcus Davis - Jamie Verner/Dos Anjos

Ross Pearson/Kamal Shorous - McLovin/who ever he is fighting

Joe Lauzon/Nik Lentz - Kurt Pellegrino/Shane Roller

Thiago Tavares/Barboza - Godzilla/Paul Kelly

Palaszewski/Njokuani -

Welterweight

Kos/GSP - Penn/Fitch

Ellenbreger/Shields - Lytle/Condit

Howard/Alves - Dan Hardy/Sanchez

Kampmann/Serra - Diaz/Kim

Thiago/Sadollah - Pierce/Pyle

Tavares/Baroni - Ludwig/Patrick

Falcoa/ loser of Pierce/Pyle

Middleweight

Silva/Belfort - Okami

Leben/W Silva - Rivera/Bisping

Belcher - Maia/Grove

Akiyama/Munoz - Nate The Great/Paul Harris II

Dollaway/Noke - Harris/Simpson

Miller/Doerkson - Court McGee

Light Heavy

Evans/Shogun - Franklin/Griffin

Jones/Bader - Rampage

Vera/Silva - Hamill/Machida

Brillz/Vlad The Janitor - Tito/Lil Nog

Bonnar/Igor - Phil Davis

K-Sos/Tim Boetsch - Vemola

Heavy

JDS/Cain - Carwin/Nelson

Mir/Schaub - Mittirone/Hague

Lesnar - McCorkle/Struve

Big Nog/Cro Cop - Russow/Rothwell

Madsen/Kongo - Pat Berry/Beltrain

Browne/Morecraft -Hardonk/Tuchscherer


thelegend2010-12-12 00:54:19 +0000 #2
Although I agree with most of your selections, I think it's flawed in saying "winner of a vs b gets a shot at title"

Good example of this is with Fitch/Penn. If Fitch wins, he deserves shot, but I think think Penn would need to have one more win to deserve a shot at GSP. I'd like to see him fight Lytle or Condit if they both win their next fights, then he will have earned a shot
ÉtienneDavignon2010-12-12 01:20:36 +0000 #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by thelegend

Although I agree with most of your selections, I think it's flawed in saying "winner of a vs b gets a shot at title"

Good example of this is with Fitch/Penn. If Fitch wins, he deserves shot, but I think think Penn would need to have one more win to deserve a shot at GSP. I'd like to see him fight Lytle or Condit if they both win their next fights, then he will have earned a shot

I agree with what you are saying.

Maybe Ellenberger/Shields gets the next Title Shot - it seems to me Shields should fight one more time before getting his shot.

Fitch/Penn - Lytle/Condit
BulldogWrestler2010-12-12 01:00:22 +0000 #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by thelegend

Although I agree with most of your selections, I think it's flawed in saying "winner of a vs b gets a shot at title"

Good example of this is with Fitch/Penn. If Fitch wins, he deserves shot, but I think think Penn would need to have one more win to deserve a shot at GSP. I'd like to see him fight Lytle or Condit if they both win their next fights, then he will have earned a shot

I disagree.

I think if Penn gets through Fitch in dominating fashion - then he should get the shot. I think beating Lytle/Condit doesn't do anything more than beating Fitch.
Cbear2010-12-12 02:38:03 +0000 #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler

I disagree.

I think if Penn gets through Fitch in dominating fashion - then he should get the shot. I think beating Lytle/Condit doesn't do anything more than beating Fitch.

Surely Dana is hoping Penn beats Fitche because Penn/GSP draws alot more money than Fitch GSP.

In the fight game you make the matches when they present themselves so as to make money.

The problem with doing "just one more fight" is that a loss can totally derail booking plans and flush money down the drain. Thats why Bart got the shots he did; they wanted to make money as fast as they could and not risk him working his way up the ladder.
ÉtienneDavignon2010-12-12 01:18:18 +0000 #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cbear

Surely Dana is hoping Penn beats Fitche because Penn/GSP draws alot more money than Fitch GSP.

In the fight game you make the matches when they present themselves so as to make money.

The problem with doing "just one more fight" is that a loss can totally derail booking plans and flush money down the drain. Thats why Bart got the shots he did; they wanted to make money as fast as they could and not risk him working his way up the ladder.

Yes, BUT let's just for fun do fantasy match ups we would like to see as fans - and not worry about what fights would be the highest grossing - but more so which ones would be the most interesting matchups

Reply

Name:
Content:


Other posts in this category