Sports FAQ
Home / Mixed Martial Arts

Fans of a stand up war: Watch this!

Tallica19812011-04-15 07:19:24 +0000 #1
Zambidis v Chahid

Video From YouTube:(link)


I know this belongs in the K-1 forum, but I really think the people who don't follow the sport or check that forum should have a chance to see this. Easily one of the greatest fights I've seen in K-1.

Couple of thoughts. First Zambidis looks so much like Wanderlei circa 2002 it's scary. From the head and face to the stance, it's spot on. If not for the body shots, I'd think I was watching a lost Wanderlei fight in K-1. Second, the extension round was BS, but worth it. Third, Some of the funniest commentating I've heard from Schevello. "$hit just got real!!!" and "You crazy Bastards!!!" had me cracking up.

If you're reading this and thinking about not watching the fight, do it. You'll be glad you did.
Cbear2011-04-15 07:28:35 +0000 #2
Hell of a fight. Zambidis flying knees are tre' cool. That fight should be mandatory viewing for all LnP fighters as well as TUF contestants. When Dana asks "do you wanna be a fooking fighter" he should show that fight as an example.
Dana Black2011-04-15 07:35:24 +0000 #3
That was a fun fight... I love watching fights I'll even watch two quadriplegics going at it in rehab!
CoolzInferno2011-04-15 08:17:34 +0000 #4
Oh my, that was amazing...

I was wondering why people (well the UFC hype machine) were getting all hype about Bisping/Akiyama and Serra/Lytle as being fantastic fight-of-the-night worthy standup wars. I just really couldn't see it at all and I think understandably so, they weren't standup wars.

This is. Wow.
Cbear2011-04-15 08:38:09 +0000 #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana Black

That was a fun fight... I love watching fights I'll even watch two quadriplegics going at it in rehab!

One of the greatest South Park episodes was Timmah! fighting his pal with polio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolzInferno

Oh my, that was amazing...

I was wondering why people (well the UFC hype machine) were getting all hype about Bisping/Akiyama and Serra/Lytle as being fantastic fight-of-the-night worthy standup wars. I just really couldn't see it at all and I think understandably so, they weren't standup wars.

This is. Wow.

UFC hypes UFC fights. Also, it can depend on the night too; if fights are yawners and then one fight is a slobberknocker that fires up the crowd, Rogan tends to oversell it.
CoolzInferno2011-04-15 09:34:15 +0000 #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cbear

UFC hypes UFC fights. Also, it can depend on the night too; if fights are yawners and then one fight is a slobberknocker that fires up the crowd, Rogan tends to oversell it.

UFC120 is a great example of that really. Bisping/Sexyama was FOTN, probably so they could then hype Bisping as winning fight of the night and Sexyama as being a FOTN-excitement fighter with a 3/3 record.

In reality the McSweeney/Maldonado fight on the undercard I thought was a much more interesting and intriging standup war that had a clear change of momentum/comeback by Maldonado that was horribly overlooked for the purposes of the Hypetrain.

I haven't really gotten into K1 that much yet apart from watching the most recent Overeem match, but just solely on the basis of that one fight, I think I have two fighters I can at least follow with some degree of fandom now.

Reply

Name:
Content:


Other posts in this category