Sports FAQ
Home / Running / Walking

I do run, run, run..I do run,run. L & LLR's June 11-17

kelownagirl2010-05-02 03:15:20 +0000 #1
OK, I didn't run today, but I had a good song idea for a thread title.

Run? I can barely walk. So if you run for 26 minutes at 95-99% maximum HR, how long before your legs stop hurting?
Wahine2010-05-02 03:25:57 +0000 #2
Congrats on your race KG. That's awesome. I'd guess that your legs won't stop hurting for at least 3 days, based on what you posted. Ice water baths help. Or just go stand in Lake O. for 20 min, it should still be cold enough to do the trick. Glacial fed lake would be better though.

I like the new titles for the thread.

No running for me today, 2 races this weekend. Quads and calves are very tired. Must rest...zzzzzzzz
alpinerabbit2010-05-02 03:37:20 +0000 #3
I ran yesterday on tired legs, rest day today. Tomorrow I'll hook up with my work mate who wants to run for lunchtime, it's gonna be hot and I'll let her set the pace and I'll get to try out my brand new water belt. Then another 10K group run on Wed.
kelownagirl2010-05-02 04:36:15 +0000 #4
Ice water eh? Brrr... I was hoping you'd say I should sit in my hot tub. :P So hot isn't good?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wahine

Congrats on your race KG. That's awesome. I'd guess that your legs won't stop hurting for at least 3 days, based on what you posted. Ice water baths help. Or just go stand in Lake O. for 20 min, it should still be cold enough to do the trick. Glacial fed lake would be better though.

I like the new titles for the thread.

No running for me today, 2 races this weekend. Quads and calves are very tired. Must rest...zzzzzzzz
chickwhorips2010-05-02 03:55:49 +0000 #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelownagirl

OK, I didn't run today, but I had a good song idea for a thread title.

caught my attention and i liked it!!!!

your so creative!
Wahine2010-05-02 05:24:20 +0000 #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelownagirl

Ice water eh? Brrr... I was hoping you'd say I should sit in my hot tub. :P So hot isn't good?

Hot's OK. But ice is better within the first few hours of the race. Keeps the inflammation down. If you're just tight go ahead with heat. You're probably just as well off at this stage anyway.
kelownagirl2010-05-02 05:33:23 +0000 #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by chickwhorips

caught my attention and i liked it!!!!

your so creative!

Well you give me hope CWR - I was worried that the younger ones might not know the song...
yellow2010-05-02 06:24:16 +0000 #8
I agree with the new thread titles. Fun! (In the background: everybody making mental lists...)

I haven't been running much lately, much to my chagrin. I had a weekend of "compromise": a long steep hike on Saturday with DH (which turned out to be very fun-saw the rattlesnake, a gopher snake, and about 30 horned lizards) and a long got-lost-but-had-a-blast mountain bike ride with an injured-can't-run friend on Sun. But I ran today after work:5 easy miles on the trail here in the 'hood with a running friend that has been down with an injury for a few weeks. Nice run, nice company. Went for a 3-ish mile walk with another friend after that.

I'm afraid I won't be able to get back into the swing of running again for a while since next week I'll be riding my mountain bike from Telluride to Moab!

But I'm hoping to get at least one more run in this week...I hope.

Reply

Name:
Content:


Other posts in this category