Sports FAQ
Home / Yoga

what's the name of this pose?

mikesbytes2010-07-04 20:52:35 +0000 #1
Hi, does anyone know the name of this pose?

you cross your hands over and hold under one foot. You then raise the knee of that foot until you are standing, then you straighten the leg and then you take your outside hand off and point it backwards.
Pandara2010-07-04 20:55:58 +0000 #2
Hi Mike,

Do you start from a squatting position, both hands under lets say the left foot? Do you spread your legs at any time and what happens to the right leg? Which hand swings up in the air, left or right? I am trying to do it to see if it fit any of the postures I know but seem stuck as the description leave me with more questions when I do the asana.
mikesbytes2010-07-04 21:09:23 +0000 #3
Hi Pandara,

Started from about a parallel squat, after the hands are under the left foot, the right foot is straightened, ie I stand up.

Thanks Mike.
Pandara2010-07-04 21:44:50 +0000 #4
Hi Mike,

I sounds and when I do it like a variation on the various triangular poses (Trikonasana). I might be wrong, perhaps somebody may have a better idea.
mikesbytes2010-07-04 22:31:17 +0000 #5
Hi Pandara,

The left leg ends up in the air in front of you.

In the end it is like Trikonasana except the left leg is straight and pointing directly forwards in the air. We are getting close, sorry I am not so good at describing it.





Other posts in this category